lang.myfreeforum.org Forum Index  
  FAQ •  Search •  Memberlist •  Usergroups •  Join! (free)  •  Private Messages •  Log in

Options, Options, Options...
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.

Post subject:

Posted:  
BigGus

Post Post subject: Options, Options, Options...  Reply with quote

Like half of the threads here I'll start off saying that I'm going to be ordering a Lang very soon. I've read thru everything here, spoke with family and friends, and I'm going with the 48 deluxe run about trailer. Now that decision took about 3 months, but due to the fact of smoking a small whole hog from time to time the 48 would suite me better.
Now for the final step before ordering it is the OPTIONS. I'm leaning towards the stainless racks, for a few extra bucks I think it's worth it.
Since most of you guys are very knowledgeable on here what other options are a "must" or a good decision to go with.
Also would it be better to go with a sliding upper rack or just stay with the upper rack it comes with?

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:06 pm 
blake9999

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up my 48 original with the chargrill this Monday. They come standard now with the sliding upper rack, which I like better anyway. I chose not to go with the deluxe but thats not because I didn't want it. I decided to spend the extra $300 on the chargrill instead. I really hated to give up the rack though, but its worth it. I don't have the SS racks but the top rack of my 36 patio has a few spots that look rusted. Maybe I didn't get enough oil on it when I seasoned it. Either way, you are going to love it. I bought a 36 and six weeks later ordered the 48. I haven't even gotten to season the 48 yet. I thought the 36 would work fine until everyone tested the food that it produces, then I quickly realized I need more space.
Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:08 pm 
Midwest Freak

@ Blake9999 i am getting ready to buy the same unit as you have , is the chargrill and the smoker all in one or are the separate from each other . reason for me asking is i have seen them both ways and wondering if you could a post a picture of your unit . thanks
Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:16 pm 
blake9999

Midwest, I cannot figure out how to post pictures on here, but if you give me your email address, I'll send you some pictures. Anything in particular you want a close up of? The chargrill is separate from the smoker. You can get it as one unit, but I believe its more expensive but maybe a bigger chargrill. Mine is a 24'' and the attached (hybrid) unit is 30''.
Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:40 pm 
blake9999

Midwest, I sent you a picture on Facebook.
Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:45 pm 
Midwest Freak

blake9999 wrote:
Midwest, I sent you a picture on Facebook.

so the chargrill comes in different sizes , that make sense on the few pics i have found , thanks .

sorry BigGus did not mean to hijack your thread .
Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:01 pm 
blake9999

Yes, the hybrid has an attached 30''. The one like mine, is a 24'' but not attached.
Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:32 pm 
BigGus

I didn't realize that the sliding upper rack was standard now. That's one less thing I have to remember.
The warming box vs the chargrill was something I kicked around for a while. I'm going with the warmer box cause I already have a webber and a webber Q, so no real need for another grill. How much will I use the warming box? I have no clue but at least I would have that option.
I've been seeing a lot of guys talking about the charcoal casket, is that something that's a must have?
The reason I'm asking is that I'll be taking a 12 hour drive down to pick it up and I want to try to get everything in one shot.

Midwest, no worries on the hijacking.
Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:34 pm 
blake9999

I don't think the casket is a must have. I only say that because I don't have it. I only use wood in my 36 and I only plan on using it on my 48 too.
Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:12 pm 
BigGus

So if you just burn wood you don't need the casket? I thought I read that guys were using it either way.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:40 pm 
Page 1 of 12

Jump to:  

Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum