Archive for lang.myfreeforum.org Lang smoker cookers
 


       lang.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Show us your pictures
travis mcgee

new to this forum

this is my first time on here. Im hopping to get an lang smoker soon. I love to read about bbq an love to cook it. Im hopping to get some new ideas an learn more about cooking bbq.
icemanrrc

Welcome aboard! You are in the right place! This is a great group of folks here. Let any of us know what we can do to help.
red1691

icemanrrc wrote:
Welcome aboard! You are in the right place! This is a great group of folks here. Let any of us know what we can do to help.


I second that, Welcome and when you get your Smoker Cooker you will love the food that comes off of it. As icemanrrc:984 said If you have any questions after or before you get you cooker just ask, someone or several folks can help you out! Enjoy
blake

red1691 wrote:
icemanrrc wrote:
Welcome aboard! You are in the right place! This is a great group of folks here. Let any of us know what we can do to help.


I second that, Welcome and when you get your Smoker Cooker you will love the food that comes off of it. As icemanrrc:984 said If you have any questions after or before you get you cooker just ask, someone or several folks can help you out! Enjoy


these are the 2 of the best dudes right here ^^^^^
iceman + red =mi bbq amigos!
travis mcgee

thanks everybody. when i do get one ill be sure to tell yall all about it. Does anybody on here do any competition cooking in SC. If so i would love to come along an help out. Thanks for reading.
animal

Welcome to the forum
ThemBonesBBQ

Welcome

The more the merrier !!!!!
jdubb0113

im new here too! I Just ordered me a Lang 36" Patio today, And cant wait to get smoking on it! they said i should have it by the end of the week!! Im excited!!! Very Happy  Laughing
icemanrrc

That's great! Welcome aboard and welcome to the Lang family!
jdubb0113

Thanks! i aprieciate the welcome  Laughing
blake

you're gonna love your lang. it will FAR EXCEED your expectations!!!!!

this forum is VERY helpful if you should have any questions so feel free to ask away....
jdubb0113

Thanks! I am ready to get smoking on it, yes i hear they awesome smokers..  Wink
jdubb0113

icemanrrc wrote:
That's great! Welcome aboard and welcome to the Lang family!
.. Hey buddy, i was wanting to ask you a question if you dont mind, I was just wanting to know  what would be an easy way for me to start a fire for my wood in the fire box for my lang 36 when it gets here? I dont have a propane starter and was wondering is there any easy  non toxic products i could use to get the fire going on my wood, I will be using red oak and white oak and hickory splits,? And also what would be a good size for the wood to be? that i use?.. Thanks   Very Happy
icemanrrc

Well, The smaller splits of wood you use, the easier it will be for them to burn. You could always start with a chimney full of lit charcoal and then throw your logs on. But honestly, you really need a propane torch. Pick one up from Harbor Freight if you have one nearby or order on-line. I got the model that has the lighter built in for less than $30. Can't beat that. I am sure others may have some good suggestions for you, but it's hard to beat the propane torch. I can have my fire going in 5 minutes and ready to put meat on in 30-40 minutes with a torch. Without the torch, you will be waiting a long time before you are ready to put meat on.
I hope this helps.
jdubb0113

icemanrrc wrote:
Well, The smaller splits of wood you use, the easier it will be for them to burn. You could always start with a chimney full of lit charcoal and then throw your logs on. But honestly, you really need a propane torch. Pick one up from Harbor Freight if you have one nearby or order on-line. I got the model that has the lighter built in for less than $30. Can't beat that. I am sure others may have some good suggestions for you, but it's hard to beat the propane torch. I can have my fire going in 5 minutes and ready to put meat on in 30-40 minutes with a torch. Without the torch, you will be waiting a long time before you are ready to put meat one.
I hope this helps.
OK thanks alot i really appreciate the help, i will order me one from that harbor Freight place you suggested, thats a real good price.  Surprised
blake

icemanrrc wrote:
Well, The smaller splits of wood you use, the easier it will be for them to burn. You could always start with a chimney full of lit charcoal and then throw your logs on. But honestly, you really need a propane torch. Pick one up from Harbor Freight if you have one nearby or order on-line. I got the model that has the lighter built in for less than $30. Can't beat that. I am sure others may have some good suggestions for you, but it's hard to beat the propane torch. I can have my fire going in 5 minutes and ready to put meat on in 30-40 minutes with a torch. Without the torch, you will be waiting a long time before you are ready to put meat on.
I hope this helps.


either way works fine. a chimney full of lit lump laid down first in the firebox, then some logs on top of that till you like the way your chimney smoke looks (wait till its cleared up)/ when your temp is where you want it (and it's done climbing), you're ready.
jdubb0113

Thanks guys! i really appreciate the advice! i will take both of you guys advice and apply it!!  Laughing

       lang.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Show us your pictures
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum